Who doesn’t like a quick and easy recipe? Well here’s a great weeknight recipe for your family and you can even make extra for the next few days. I made this Cheesy Turkey Jalapeño Quesadilla Burger for dinner last night and lunch for today and my boyfriend already texted me he can’t wait until lunch time! haha.
This recipe is so easy that I wiped this up quickly with the ingredients I found in my pantry and fridge. Don’t judge me haha, the end result turns out to be pretty delicious.
I will be honest, I don’t like a plain boring burger patty with just salt and pepper, that is why this Cheese Turkey Jalapeño Quesadilla Burger is so tasty. To make it extra special I added some jalapeño and some corn to balance out the spiciness. I also added garlic, as well as the usual salt and pepper. Another thing we all know happens with turkey patties is that they tend to be dry so I decided to hide some cheese inside the ground turkey (Sneaky me). I wanted the cheese to be creamy and runny so I did a mix of cream cheese and Gouda cheese! and oh my goodness… CRAZY GOOD!
These burgers will never be one of those horrible dry turkey burgers!
This recipe is not only tasty and quick but it is also very healthy. As you can see I used wheat tortillas as my bun. I toasted the tortillas a little before placing the patty in them and the toasted tortillas gave this dish extra crunchiness!
Some people might like ketchup or mayo as a spread on the tortilla but I decided to add some sour cream since it goes better with the jalapeños.
So if you are trying to watch your figure and have something delicious at the same time this Cheesy Turkey Jalapeño Quesadilla Burger is perfect!! You will not be cheating on your diet and your family will not feel like they have to eat another healthy recipe.
So give it a shot and tell me what you think!
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 egg
- ½ cup Italian bread crumbs
- ½ Jalapeño (diced in small pieces)
- 1 cup of corn (frozen corn is fine)
- 1 tbs minced garlic
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Small Gouda cubes (as many as the amount pf patties)
- Whipped Cream cheese
- Wheat Tortillas
- Sour Cream to taste
- Mix the ground turkey, egg, minced garlic, Italian bread crumbs, corn and jalapeños, and add salt and pepper to taste. Make sure it's well mixed.
- Grab a ball of the mix and flatted in your palm. Add a small cube of Gouda and a spoon on cream cheese.
- Attend to make a ball once again with out moving the cheese mix. If you can't close it grab some more of the ground turkey and place it on top.
- Make sure there are no holes where the cheese can come out from.
- Then proceed to flatten the patty again and shape it nicely. Do not flatten it so much, you don't want it to be too thin and make the cheese burst out.
- Have a skillet warm on medium heat with a little bit of oil. Place the patties and wait until each side is golden. While the burgers cook turn on your oven on 400. Once each side is nice and golden place the patties on oven pan for 15 minutes. You can add extra cheese in top of the patties when they are in the oven.
- Use any type of tortilla. I cut the side so its easier to eat and grab. I also toast them a little on a toaster oven.
- You can add ketchup o Mayo to the tortilla if wanted. I decided to go with sour cream instead.