This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #LiveForFlavor #VivaLaMorena #AddFlavor #CollectiveBias
I can’t believe it’s November already that means – Thanksgiving is fast approaching! Last year, I wasn’t too well-prepared for thanksgiving, given that I had just giving birth to my son. Plus, I was still figuring out how to be a mother ha! So since I got mothering down, I decided to focus on Thanksgiving well in advance this year. It is better to start planning our table dishes before we find ourselves running around last minute, looking for easy and quick recipes.
As you know I have a mixed background. I was born in Venezuela, my mother is Venezuelan and my dad’s side of the family is Portuguese. That being said, our Holiday dinner tables are always full of flavor and lots of various dishes. One side dish that is always present in any Holiday dinner is Chicken Salad – Ensalada de Pollo. This recipe is traditional in Venezuela. I’ve been eating it since I can remember.
All necessary ingredients can be found at Walmart – Potatoes, Frozen Carrots, Frozen Peas, White Onion, Green Onion, Chicken Breast, Mustard, Mayonnaise, Lime.. And in my opinion, the most important ingredients (Found at the Hispanic aisle at Walmart) – Knorr Chicken Flavor Bouillon Granulated Bouillon – 2.2 lbs and, as usual I like to add a little twist, La Morena® Whole Jalapenos – 28 oz can or 7 oz can. The jalapeño really adds I an amazing twist to this old school recipe. If you can’t find La Morena® at your closest Walmart you can also find it at any Hispanic retailer.
When it comes to Holidays and bringing the family together, I believe it is important to use the absolute best high quality, trusted ingredients. That is why I choose Knorr® and La Morena®. I can depend on Knorr® and La Morena® to create delicious meals and bring Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow’s flavors to my family and my table. After all we LIVE FOR FLAVOR®!
Now let me tell you how to make this Chicken Salad!
The first thing you have to do is boil water and add Knorr Chicken Flavor Bouillon Granulated Bouillon.
Then after the water is boiling and the Knorr Chicken Flavor Bouillon Granulated Bouillon dissolves, add the chicken breasts, and some chucks of white onion and green pepper. You should let that cook for about 20 minutes.
While the chicken cooks you can start on the potatoes – I use golden potatoes but you can use your favorite kind. Rinse them and peal them.
After you peal the potatoes, cute them in small cubes. Take out the peas and carrots. I use frozen peas and carrots.
By now, the chicken should be fully cooked. Get the chicken out of the stock and let it cool down. (Do not throw away the stock in the pot, all the flavor is in there)
Now, use the same stock and pot to cook the potatoes, carrots and peas.
While the Potatoes, carrots and peas are cooking. Dice white onion and green onion. Also, chop the chicken breast.
Once the potatoes carrots and peas are soft, take them out and place them on a bowl. Let it cool.
Once cold, add the chopped chicken breasts, chopped onion, olive oil, mustard and mayo. I also add a little bit of lime juice, it is not necessary though.
To top this Chicken Salad recipe, dice in to little cubes one of La Morena® Jalapeño pepper and add it to the salad!
- 4 Chicken Breast
- 1/2 white onion
- 3 stems of green onion
- 1 1/2 cup of frozen peas
- 1 cup of frozen carrots
- Chunk of green pepper and chunk of green pepper.
- 1/4 cup of Mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons of yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon of lime juice (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of Knorr® Chicken Flavor Bouillon Granulated Bouillon
- 1 Jalapeño from La Morena® Whole Jalapeños
- salt and pepper to tast
- Boil water and add the Knorr® Chicken Flavor Bouillon Granulated Bouillon, chuck of white onion and chunk of green pepper.
- Once the water is boiling add the chicken breasts (20 minutes).
- While the chicken cooks – Rinse and Peal the potatoes.
- Then cute the potatoes in cubes.
- Take out the frozen peas and carrots.
- When the chicken is cooked, take it out from the stock and put it aside yo cool down.
- Do not throw away the stock or turn off the stove.
- While the chicken cools down, add the potatoes, carrots and peas to the boiling stock.
- Cut chicken breasts in cubes and add to a bowl.
- When potatoes are cooked, place them aside to cool down.
- When cooled, add to the chicken.
- Add mayonnaise, mustard, lime juice and salt and pepper.
- Mix well but carefully.
- diced in small cubes one of La Morena® Jalapeños
- Add it to the salad and mix well.