This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #LiveForFlavor #VivaLaMorena #AddFlavor #CollectiveBias
Today I am going to share with you one of the best winter recipes I can think of this time of year! Lentil Soup! Mmm, my mouth is already watering.
This recipe has been in my family for generations. First, my grandma, then my mom, and now me! I can remember me as a little girls eating this lentil soup, made by either my grandma or mom. They would give me some rice with it and that was all I wanted.
As a Hispanic family, we have looots of family gatherings during the holidays and this recipe is perfect. This Slow Cooker Lentil Soup can serve up to 10 people. I also decided to change it up a little and make this delicious recipe on my slow cooker, because its easier and better. So the best part of all – There’s little to no-cleaning since the slow cooker takes care of the cooking hehe.
If you know me, you know I like to add my special touch to my recipes and this recipe is no exception. On my trip to Walmart, I came across Knorr® Tomato with Chicken Granulated Bouillon – 2.2 lbs (no cubes), and I decided to try it. I also thought that La Morena® Chipotle Peppers in Adobo – 13 oz can or 7 oz can would give a nice surprise to this recipe, and Oh boy, did it!?
Ok, Let’s get cooking! And let’s make this delicious
Slow Cooker Lentil Soup
So first, add all the ingredients to the crockpot – Lentis, Diced potatoes, Diced Onions, cooked Pork Chops diced as well.
Then cover the lentils ingredients with water and add Knorr® Tomato with Chicken Granulated Bouillon and La Morena® Chipotle Peppers in Adobo. I trust Knorr® and La Morena® high quality. These two ingredients definitely make this recipe extremely flavorful and full of Sabor!
Tip: I like to Blend the La Morena® Chipotle Peppers in Adobo.
This is what it will look like after you blend the Chipotle Peppers in Adobo..
Cover and let it cook on High for 3 and a half hours.
Check on the lentils after the 3 and a half hours, add a more water if necessary and let it cook on low for an additional 3 hours.
Finally, they are ready!
Plate the lentils with a little bit of rice and there! Deliciousness in a bowl…
Buen Provecho! Hope you enjoy it as much as we did!!
- 4 Cups of Lentils
- 8 Cups of water
- 1/4 cups of Knorr® Tomato with Chicken Granulated Bouillon
- 2 La Morena® Chipotle Peppers in Adobo (1 can)
- 6 potatoes – peeled and diced
- 1 White onion – diced
- 6 Boneless pork chops – Cooked and diced
- Cook the 6 Boneless pork chops and cut in cubes
- Diced 1 white onion
- Peel and dice 6 potaties
- Add 4 cups of lentils, the diced onion, diced potatoes, cubed pork chops to the slow cooker.
- Add 8 cups of water ( all ingredients must be cover in water)
- Add 1/4 cups of Knorr® Tomato with Chicken Granulated Bouillon
- Get 2 Chipotle Peppers in Adobo out from La Morena® can and blend them.
- Add blended chipotles to the slow cooker.
- Add salt and pepper to tast.
- Stir all ingerdients.
- Let cook on high for 3 and half hours.
- Check on the lentils, add more water if necessary, and let cook for an extra 3 hours on low heat.