This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MomsHelper #CollectiveBias
Being a first-time-mom I had so much to learn about motherhood. And just when I felt comfortable enough to take the little one out without any help… Life throws a curve ball.
Sometimes even a quick run to the store, a walk around the neighborhood, or a quick lunch date with another new mom can turn into an enormous disaster if you are not well prepared. After a few accidents of my own, I have to say, I have learned my lesson. Now I never leave the house without all …
My Diaper Bag Must-Haves! ↴
- Bottles – In my opinion the most important item! My go-to bottles are Playtex Baby Bottles. My absolute favorites are –
- Playtex Baby™ Nurser® with Drop-Ins® Liners. Which I love because they simulate breastfeeding and the liners are super easy to use. The liners gently collapse like the breast does when breastfeeding, and as your baby drinks, the liners stop the air from getting into the milk. As you may already know, air in your baby’s milk can cause a pretty upset colicky baby but this amazing system helps reduce colic. Therefore, it helps you to have a more happy baby.
- Playtex Baby™ VentAire®, another great Playtex baby bottle I swear by. It has an angled design that helps prevent ear infections. Fun fact – Angled baby bottles are designed to promote the semi-upright feeding position which is recommended by pediatricians.
- Formula or expressed breast milk if you’re bottle-feeding
- Diapers – I normally pack 6-8 diapers to be safe, and that is for a whole day out.
- Wipes – I always bring a full bag of wipes because you never know what can happen. I use wipes for diaper changes, sticky hands, dirty faces and dirty surfaces.
- Changing pad – Most diaper bags come with a reusable changing pad. Never forget it!
- Diaper rash cream – Travel size works the best.
- Extra clothes – Sometimes spit-up, food, or a poop explosions will require a change in clothing.
- Hand Sanitizer – This is great when you need your hands clean specially after touching a surface that might have a lot of germs, like door handles (Yes, I am crazy like that)
- Pacifier – Comfort item.
- Snacks and Bibs – Baby food and a spoon, or just little finger foods.
- Sippy cup for water or juice (for older babies)
- Blanket – You can use it to cover your baby or as a changing pad, nursing cover, bib, shade, or burp cloth.
- Toys and/or board books
- Sunscreen or a hat to protect your baby from the sun
If you are on the new-mom train like myself, packing a diaper bag can be a mind-boggling task… Do not worry, every mom goes through this. But to make it easier for you, I have a free printable! Just print it off and you can check each item off as you pack it into your diaper bag.
Now you might be thinking of all the different stores you might have to go to get everything on this list. Well no my friend! I personally buy all of my must-haves at Target. I adore Target because the one-stop shop for everything baby related. As you probably noticed earlier on my post, I emphasized about how amazing the Playtex baby bottles are. Well good news, Target is sooo amazing that it actually has a great Cartwheel Offer on them from 8/21-9/3.
Now you are all ready to go on big or little adventures with your little one. Have fun!!!