This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SimplySatisfying #CollectiveBias
It’s that time of year where all the leaves have finally fallen, it’s chilly out.. And the holiday spirit has arrived. On those cold afternoon, nothing can beat a delicious warm apple treat! That is why I am sharing this scrumptious recipe – Granola Hasselback Baked Apples!
A few days ago, I was craving an easy and delicious apple dessert. I did not want to make a whole mess or spend too much time mixing, measuring, and cleaning. Keeping that in mind, I quickly came up with this Granola Hasselback Baked Apples recipe… And let me tell you, if you love baked or cooked apples, or just any dessert that involves cooked apples, then this recipe should be on your must-make list. They are perfect for a weeknight treat and even for a fancy dinner dessert.
I had already gone to Walmart to do my weekly grocery shopping. While there, without knowing, I was going to make this recipe, I cleverly bought apples and Quaker® Simply Granola Oats, Apples, Cranberries & Almonds (24oz)… Let’s just say, I subconsciously knew my heart and belly wanted this incredible apple treat.
The Quaker® Simply Granola Oats, Apples, Cranberries & Almonds (24oz) is the perfect ingredient that takes this Apple treat to the next level. It is super tasty and filling.. And not only that, Quaker® Simply Granola is super hearty, and it’s satisfyingly crunchy granola clusters and delicious real apples and cranberries will make you want more and more! – You can buy your Quaker® Simply Granola Here!
Now on to the exciting part… How to make these Granola Hasselback Baked Apples!!
All you need is The Quaker® Simply Granola Oats, Apples, Cranberries & Almonds (24oz), apples, butter, brown sugar and cinnamon.
First things first, pre-heat your oven at 400°F. Also, melt some of the butter and let it cool down (check recipe below to know the measurements 🙂 ).
While the butter cools down – Peel, core and slice the apples. Place them cut-side down on the cutting board and cut slices into the apple stopping before the bottom of the apple to make sure it stays together.
Once the butter has cooled down, add brown sugar and cinnamon, and mix it well.
Place the apples, cut-side down, on the baking dish and cover them with the butter, brown sugar and cinnamon mix. Cover the baking dish with tin foil and let it bake for 25 minutes…
While the apples bake, lets prepare the granola topping – In a separate bowl add the The Quaker® Simply Granola Oats, Apples, Cranberries & Almonds (24oz), along with the rest of the butter cut in cubes, brown sugar and cinnamon.
Mix it well and set aside.
Once the 25 minutes have gone by, take the apples out of the oven and take the tin foil off.
Now, its time to add the granola topping – Top the apples with the granola, and even try to squeeze it in between the slides. Be gentle when doing this though, apples will be softer already.
After you’ve done that, place the baking dish with the apples uncovered back into the oven. This time, increase the temperature to 425°F and let it bake for an additional 16-18 minutes.
Once its ready, take the Granola Hasselback Baked Apples out of the oven and let them cool for a few minutes.
All done! Not as hard as you might of thought right!? You can pair these with ice cream, yogurt, or my favorite, just add a little more The Quaker® Simply Granola Oats, Apples, Cranberries & Almonds and enjoy!
- 1/2 cup Quaker® Simply Granola Oats, Apples, Cranberries & Almonds.
- 3 large, firm apples, like Honey Crisp.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter.
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar.
- 2 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Cooking spray
- Heat the oven to 400°F.
- Melt 2 1/2 tablespoons of butter and let cool.
- Peel apples.
- Slice the apples in half from top to bottom.
- Core the apples.
- Place the apples cut-side down on a cutting board.
- Cut slices into the apple stopping before you get to the bottom on the apple. (This keeps the slices connected at the bottom of the apple.
- Once the butter is cool, add 2 tablespoon brown sugar and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon and place aside.
- Brush the apples with melted butter and sugar mixture.
- Spray a thin layer of cooking spray on the baking dish.
- Place the apples in the baking dish, flat-side down.
- Cover the baking dish with tinfoil, and bake for 25 minutes.
- While the apples bake – cut 1 1/2 tablespoons of butter into cubes
- Add it the butter to a bowl, along with , 2 tablespoons brown sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 cup Quaker® Simply Granola Oats, Apples, Cranberries & Almonds. And mix together.
- After the apples have finished baking, remove the baking dish from the oven.
- Carefully cover and fill between slices with Quaker® Simply Granola Oats, Apples, Cranberries & Almonds.
- Increase the oven temperature to 425°F.
- Place the apples back into the oven uncovered and bake for 16-18 minutes.